I offer the following services (click on each title for details):
Roadmaps for your software development projects. This gives you clarity on what you need and how to get there, saving you time (and therefore money). Even if you outsource the project, a roadmap can help you select a vendor, and help the vendor know what to do.
Advice for your software development teams. I can help you figure out a good set of software development processes, tools, techniques, etc., to help your team quickly write high-quality software that meets the needs of your users.
Training for your software developers. I can teach them how to produce high-quality software, using modern techniques (such as TDD / BDD, Pair Programming, etc.) and a set of key aspects I have figured out over the years. Classes are currently available only in half-day length, but I can expand a class into longer if there is demand.
Reviewing your code. (I offer this only in Ruby so far, including Rails, Sinatra, non-web, and tests in RSpec, MiniTest, and Cucumber.) I will review your code and offer suggestions for improvement, including making it more understandable, maintainable, efficient, Ruby-idiomatic, etc.
Development of custom software. I can do a project on a fixed-fee basis if you used my roadmapping service first, or I can join your team briefly as part of my team advice service, or you can buy my coding time under certain circumstances.
- On-site services require payment of all expenses, and must be booked for longer than the total round-trip travel time.
- A deposit is required before work can be scheduled.
- The rest is due net-20 after invoicing.
- There are late-fees and other penalties for overdue invoices.
- There are credits for early payment, including larger deposits.
- Cancelation or postponement may incur a "time restocking" fee.
- Cancelation or postponement of out-of-town service requires you to reimburse any cancelation/change fees incurred on me by carriers and such.
If there's anything else you want, that's closely related to my current services, or you have any questions, let's talk about it.